We, the members of the West Boylston Police Department, are committed to excellence in the delivery of total quality police service and responsive to the needs of our community. We guarantee dignity and respect to every individual while recognizing our responsibility to maintain peace and order in our community. Our objective is a police and community partnership, which seeks to improve the quality of life, solve community problems, and promote an environment that is safe and secure.
WINTER PARKING BAN IS IN EFFECT beginning November 15, 2014 through April 30, 2015. There is no parking on streets between the hours of midnight and 5 a.m. or if inclement weather is forecast.
The DPW asks:
1. Residents to please remove obstructions, such as basketball hoops, from the edge of the roadway. Plowing operations could damage the personal property, damage DPW equipment and become a safety hazard.
2. Residents are reminded that snowblowing or shoveling from driveways should not land in the streets or sidewalks, but rather into a resident's front yard.
3. DPW requests that residents please repair any weak or leaning mail boxes that could become damaged by flying snow during plowing operations.
4. On trash pickup days, the DPW requests that residents place trash barrels and recyclable containers by 7:00 a.m. near the end of their driveways and not on sidewalks during snow plowing operations.
5. Residents are requested to sign up for "DPW News" on the Town's website in order to stay informed of changing services during snow storm operations such as trash day cancellations.
6. The DPW announces a revised method of roadway de-icing. It will be similar to the green salt used last year, but will be brownish in color. The product is called "Ice-B-Gone" and chemically it will perform the same as the green salt, be safe for the environment, is endorsed by the EPA and has corrosion inhibitors that are better everyone's cars and DPW's equipment. DPW will stay with this no-sand method, which will reduce stormwater pollution, and reduce the time for catch basin cleaning and street sweeping in the Spring. Residents are still welcome to obtain sand by the 5 gallon bucket in front of DPW for use on their walkways at home.